Thursday, October 18, 2007

Darn tootin'!




I don't do this very often, but I think it's time to toot my own horn! I presented today at the Northwest Innovative Users Group Conference, held as usual at the lovely University of Portland campus in Portland, Oregon.

I presented our process and findings of the web usability testing we did last fall, focusing on the issues surrounding the OPAC interface (since this was an Innovative conference and all!) My presentation (Usability Testing the OPAC: A Case Study from OHSU (PDF)) also is available off of my staff web site. If anyone is interested in the full write-up from our study, please contact me (zeigenl-at-ohsu-dot-edu) and I'll be happy to provide usability information ad nauseum! Just what you wanted, right?

I was somewhat nervous and probably spoke a bit too fast, but people seemed to be interested (and also laughed at what I hoped were funny comments - yay!), so I think they were engaged. It's been way too long since I was up in front of an audience and it's good to be back.

No comments: